The Head of Chancery, Embassy of India, No. 5 Liang Ma Qiao Bei Jie, Chaoyang District, Beijing-100600, (Ph. No 8531 2546 ) on behalf of President of India invites sealed item rates from approved & eligible publishers for the following work:
Name of Work & Location
Estimated Cost put to Tender (RMB)
Earnest Money (RMB)
Time of Completion
Last Date & Time of
Date & Time of Submission & Opening of Tender
Receipt of Application for Expression of Interest
& Sale of Tender Documents
Comprehensive annual maintenance of
& Peripherals, including Printers, Scanners, etc.
2. Network security architecture
For the Embassy of India, Beijing.
12 Months (one Year)
Up to 4:00pm
09.05.2014 Up to 4:00pm
20.5.2013 Up to 3:00 pm & opened at 3:30pm on same day
Desirous contractors will have to submit application on or before above mentioned date along with the following:
(i) Cost of tender documents in cash: RMB150 (non-refundable)
(ii) Earnest Money in form of Demand draft of RMB 1,000 from scheduled/nationalized bank of China payable in favour of Head of Chancery, Embassy of India.
(iii) Experience/Completion Certificate of having completed similar works for at least 3 Embassies or Foreign Enterprises during the last 5 years ending Dec 31, 2012.
The press notice along with the terms & conditions can be seen on website www.indianembassy.org.cn
1. Interested companies are requested to furnish the following while submitting the application for ‘Expression of Interest’ (On or before May 7, 2013):
I. An ‘Expression of Interest’ on the company letter head mentioning that the company concerned is interested in participating in the tender process for the Annual IT Maintenance Contract for the Embassy of India, Beijing.
II. Experience/Completion Certificate of having completed similar works for at least 3 Embassies or Foreign Enterprises during the last 5 years ending Dec 31, 2012.
III. Profile of the company
IV. Amount towards the cost of tender documents (RMB 150.00) and towards Earnest Money (In form of Demand draft of RMB 1,000 from scheduled/nationalized bank of China payable in favour of Head of Chancery, Embassy of India).
2. Interested companies are requested to take note the following:
I. The ‘Estimated cost put to tender (RMB 50,000.00) is just an indicative price for the tender. This amount of RMB 50,000.00 is neither the upper limit nor the lower limit. This is just an indication of the estimate and the total cost can be less/more than RMB 50,000.00.
II. After the company submits the ‘Expression of Interest’ to the Embassy, the Embassy will analyse the credentials and the capability of the company based upon the documents submitted along with the ‘Expression of Interest.’ Tender documents will only be provided (on or before Thursday, May 09, 2013) to the companies which have been found competent by the Embassy based upon the documents submitted by the company and the terms and conditions as laid down in the advertisement for tender.
III. A company can be eliminated right at the stage of submission of ‘Expression of Interest’ in case the company fails to submit the documents as mentioned in Para 2 above properly and to the satisfaction of the Embassy.
Terms & Conditions
1. The rate of each item/job shall be inclusive of all components (materials, labours, T&P and profits) & prevailing taxes etc. in Beijing, China.
2. The period of completion of work is 12 months (1 year). The stipulated date of start of work shall be reckoned from 7th day after the date of issue of letter of acceptance.
3. The payment of work done shall be in accordance with actual execution of job of each item as mentioned in schedule of quantities.
4. The payment shall be made quarterly after satisfactory completion of each stage of work. The payment schedule shall be as mentioned below:
Payment Stage I: 25% of accepted tendered amount after satisfactory completion of 03 months of work
Payment Stage II: 50% of accepted tendered amount after satisfactory completion of 06 months of work
Payment Stage III: 75% of accepted tendered amount after satisfactory completion of 09 months of work
Payment Stage IV: 100% of accepted tendered amount after satisfactory completion of 12 months of work
5. The day to day complaints in operation of desk top computers/laptops and printers shall be attended satisfactorily on the same day.
6. The agency shall employ and engage qualified engineer having sufficient experience of Annual Maintenance of Computers/IT works and should be able to respond to complaints at a short notice. If the engineer is not found to be competent enough, the agency shall change the engineer upon receipt of a written request for the same from the Embassy.
7. If Qualified Engineer is changed/unable to report for any reason whatsoever, it should be intimated to Embassy in advance and another qualified engineer of same caliber should be arranged for attending day to day complaints of computers/laptops and printers.
8. The agency shall maintain confidentiality related to any data/information of Embassy.
9. Due to wrongful working of Service Engineer if any part of computer/laptop and printer are get damaged, same shall be repaired/replaced by agency at his own cost.
10. The work can be foreclosed / terminated at any time without assigning any reason after giving written notice of 30 days and agency will have no right to claim anything extra on this account.
11. The security deposit/retention money shall be recovered @5% of each quarterly Running Account Bill amount subject to maximum of 5% of accepted contract amount. Retention Money so deducted from the agency shall be refunded within one month from the date of final payment or within one month from the date of completion of the contract whichever is earlier.
12. If jobs as mentioned under relevant items are delayed for any reason, agency shall explain reasons of such delay. If Embassy of India is not satisfied with reasons of delay, compensation shall be levied @0.3% of accepted tendered amount per day subject to maximum of 10% of accepted tendered amount for such delay.
13. The language of the communication will be English and the engineer deputed by the company for regular maintenance and troubleshooting has to be conversant in English.
Schedule of Quantities
Description of Item
Rate For Each (RMB)
Attending day to day complaints in operation of Desk top computer, and peripherals including printers, CD/DVD drives, mouse, keyboards, etc. updating firewall, scanning of systems for removal of viruses, restoring data,formatting and re-installation of softwares as required, checking explorer & internet connection compatibility on system etc, complete. (This excludes repair/replacement of hardwares)
each Desk Top Computer/Laptop
Attending day to day complaints in operation of Scanners, Printer(Deskjet/laser jet colour) including periodic cleaning of printer head and other peripherals as and when required. (This excludes repair/replacement of hardwares)
Each printer, scanner and peripheral device
Maintenance of network security architecture including regular maintenance of servers, softwares and updates of all the applications installed on the server, regular inspection of the related anti-virus applications on all the internet connected computers.
Embassy of India