Information Note on India’s Participation
at the 3rd China-South Asia Expo
1. India is participating this year as Theme Country (Country of Focus) at the 3rd China –South Asia Expo from 11-16 June 2015. This is the first time India is participating as Theme Country.
2. The official Indian delegation will be led by Hon’ble Minister of State for External Affairs, Gen. (Dr.) VK Singh. State delegations from West Bengal and Orissa led respectively by Dr. Amit Mitra, Hon’ble Minister of Finance Commerce & Industry, Government of West Bengal and Shri Jogendra Behera, Hon’ble Minister of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of Odisha are also participating at the CSA Expo, along with business delegations.
3. The Expo this year is being held in the brand new Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center which at 120,000 sq mts is twice the area of the previous convention center. An ove 200 member business contingent is participating at the CSA Expo under the aegis of FIEO, Indian Chamber of Commerce Kolkata and CII.
4. A national pavilion will take centre stage at the main hall of the Expo spread over 800 sq mts. The national pavilion is promoting the dual themes of Make in India and Tourism under the Visit India Year.
5. The national pavilion will be inaugurated on 12th June at 0830 hrs (Venue Hall 7, of the Expo center). The opening ceremony of the China-South Asia Expo will take place at 1000 hrs where Hon’ble MoS is slated to deliver a speech. Other dignitaries indicated by organizers as attending include President of Maldives, Prime Minister from Laos, Speaker from Bangladesh, Ministers from Sri Lanka and Nepal etc.
6. India will be organizing the following India-specific events to coincide with India’s presence at the Expo as Theme Country:-
· India-China Economic and Tourism Cooperation Forum on 11th June at 1430 hrs (Hotel Wyndham). Hon’ble MoS and Governor of Yunnan are scheduled to Attend.
· India Evening- Dinner Reception and Cultural performance organized by Embassy together with Government of West Bengal on 12th June at 1800 hrs (Hotel Inter-continental Ballroom)
· Film festival of India running from 11-16 June 2015 in 2 theatres and two universities concurrently.
7. In addition, Hon’ble MoS will also be inaugurating the Yoga College at Yunna Minzu University, and unveiling Rabindranath Tagore Bust at Yunnan University on forenoon of 13th June.
8. Hon’ble MoS will also be holding meetings with Chinese leaders in Kunming on the sidelines of the Expo.