Charge d’Affaires, Mr. Vinod K Jacob met with His Excellency, Mr. Li Guoliang, ViceGovernor of Hainan in Beijing today.
2. Charge d’ Affaires Jacob recalled the highly productive andpositive visit of Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi to China from May 14-16and added that the visit had opened a new chapter in India-China bilateralrelations. Results achieved were impressive: 24 agreements signed on thegovernment-to-government side, 26 MoUs on the business-to-business side. The 26business understandings worth over US$ 22 billion signed at the Business Forumin Shanghai on 16 May covered such varied sectors as industrial parks,renewable energy, thermal energy, telecommunication, steel, capital goods, ITand media.
3. Stating that the Government of India attaches high importanceto strengthening cooperation with Chinese provinces in line with Hon’ble PrimeMinister’s concept of ‘cooperative federalism’, Charge d’ Affaires Jacob alsocalled for greater interactions and exchanges under the new framework of sistercity and sister province relationships. He also welcomed friends from Hainan toavail of the e-tourist visa facility recently launched by the Government.
4. Charge d’ Affaires Jacob expressed confidence that the HainanGovernment would encourage more and more people and businesses from theprovince to visit India, invest in India and ‘Make in India.’ Finally, heexpressed happiness with the decision of NASSCOM and Hainan Government topartner with each other.
5. Vice Governor Li Guoliang recalled his visit to India in 2012and articulated his desire to enhance cooperation with India and Indianenterprises in the spheres of IT, health care, tourism and other areas. He gavea brief introduction to Hainan province and its priorities for development inthe future.
6. Following their meeting, Vice Governor Li Guoliang and Charged’ Affaires Jacob witnessed the signing of a MoU between Hainan and NASSCOM.
8 August 2015