ADVISORY TO ALL INDIAN STUDENTS IN CHINA
The Indian Embassy and Consulates in China are aware of recent incidents involving unacceptable behavior by some Indian students studying in China. In the second week of April, 2016 two groups on students at the Three Gorges University in Yichang resorted to violence. In the ensuing clash, one student was stabbed with aknife. The University has expelled the students directly involved.
2. Incidents involving any kind of violence or ill behavior create a negative image about Indians in China. Although the overwhelming number of students is law-abiding, the actions of a few are detrimental to the interests of all Indians in China. It is our common responsibility to ensure that no such act is committed that affects the reputation of the country or the Indian community in China. The Embassy and Consulates will have zero-tolerancein all such cases.
3. The Embassy and Consulates advises all Indian students to heed the following:
· Do not indulge in any form of violence or mental and physical abuse of any nature on or off the university campus. Such actions will invite severe action by University or police authorities, and is likely to result in suspension by the University,and detention or deportation by Chinese authorities;
· Fully respect the University guidelines and regulations. If the University provides proof that an Indian student has violated their regulations, and takes disciplinary action including expulsion, the Indian Embassy will not intervene;
· Fully respect the laws and customs of China and do not engage in any activities that may be acceptable in India but are not customary in China. This includes respect for the sentiments of the local people during public activities off campus. Violations of law will be dealt with severely by Chinese law enforcement authorities;
· Ragging in a criminal offence. Any such incident that is brought to the attention of the Embassy or Consulates will be reported to appropriate authorities in India;
4. Indian students who witness or have knowledge of improper or illegal activity should report it to University authorities and the Embassy of India and Consulates in China via email/Wechat/Sina Weibo. You are requested toshare this Advisory with other Indian students in your University.