Andhra Pradesh Forest Development Corporation limited (APFDC)
6th Floor, Aranya Bhavan, Saifabad, Hyderabad – 500 004
Telangana State, India
Rc.No.6.5.2003/RSW/2016/ Dated 08. 11. 2016
Global Notice for sale of Red Sanders (Pterocarpus santalinus) Wood
1. Red Sanders (Pterocarpus santalinus) is a highly valuable hard-wood species that is exclusively found in the Seshachalam Forests located in Andhra Pradesh State of India. Red Sanders Wood (RSW) referred to in China as Zitan (紫檀), is used for making exclusive and classical hardwood furniture. The State Government of Andhra Pradesh has monopoly and absolute rights over the management, possession and sale of Red Sanders Wood.
2. The Government of Andhra Pradesh (GOAP) has authorised its corporate subsidiary, Andhra Pradesh Forest Development Corporation Limited (APFDC), a wholly owned Government of Andhra Pradesh Enterprise, in its orders No. G.O. Rt. No.272 of EFS&T (Sec. II) Department, dated 04-11-2016, to conduct the sale of Red Sanders Wood (RSW) currently in the possession of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly, APFDC hereby notifies the sale of around 2,800 Metric tonnes of dressed and graded Red sanders wood (RSW) in the log form on ‘as-is-where-is’ basis stored at the Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) warehouse in Renigunta of Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh state, India.
3. The Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Government of India through Notification No.47 (RE-2013)/2009-2014 Dated.24.10.2013, Notification No.96 (R.E-2013)/2009-2014, Dated.5.11.2014, Notification No. 6 /2015-2020, Dated. 6-5-2015 and Notification No. 24 /2015-2020, Dt. 29-8-2016, has permitted the export of Red Sanders Wood in the form of logs. CITES has also granted permission for export of RS Wood in log form for India. Notifications details are available in the web sites of APFDC, MSTC and AP Forest department.
4. MSTC Ltd., a Government of India Enterprise, has been appointed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in G.O. Rt. No.272 of EFS&T (Sec.II) Dept., dt.04-11-2016 for assisting APFDC with conducting the sale through its e-tender-cum-e-auction platform. Accordingly, all interested bidders are required to register themselves with MSTC Ltd., for participation in the sale. The bidders already registered with MSTC need not register again. For further details,interested bidders are required to visit http://www.mstcindia.co.in and / or http://mstcecommerce.com.
5. The Special Terms and Conditions (STC) of sale of RS Wood through etender cum e-auction are placed on the web sites of APFDC, MSTC and AP Forest department: (http://www.apfdcl.com; http://www.forests.ap.gov.in;http://www.mstcindia.co.in; http://mstcecommerce.com).
6. The e-sale and e-auction of Red Sanders Wood will be held between 14 and 16 December, 2016 (both days inclusive). The unsold RSW, if any, would be put to re-sale from 21st to 23rd December, 2016 and further quantities, if any unsold in the 2nd sale, would be again auctioned between 19 and 21st January, 2017 (both days inclusive).
7. The details of grades and lots, day wise proposed for the sale and the EMD amounts payable are placed in the web sites of APFDC, MSTC and AP Forest department. Pre-bid conferences would be held in China for which the Dates, Time and Venues will be notified on the web portal of APFDC, MSTC and AP Forest Department. Another pre-bid conference will be held on 07 December 2016 at 3:00 PM (IST) in the 6th floor conference hall, of Aranya Bhavan,Saifabad, Hyderabad, India, PIN-500 004.
8. Interested bidders can inspect the lots from November 10 to December 13,2016 between 10.30 AM to 5.00 PM on any of the working days at CWC warehouse, Renigunta, Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh, India.
9. For any further information please contact the following:
A. Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of APFDC, APFDC, 6th floor, Aranya
Bhavan, Hyderabad, India. Mobile:+91 8008301601;
B. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force;
Mobile:-+91 9440810001; e-mail: email@example.com
C. MSTC Limited can be reached on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sd/- P K Sarangi, IFS
VICE-CHAIRMAN AND MANAGING DIRECTOR