Indian Community in China
Indian Community in Beijing (ICB)
The Indian Community in Beijing (ICB) came into existence on December 12, 1999. It has a core committee, which meets on a monthly basis to decide on activities for the Indian community living in Beijing. The basic purpose is to:
· Provide a platform for people of Indian origin to get together on a regular basis through outings and other means.
· Provide assistance in terms of advice or help to anyone visiting Beijing or coming here to work.
· Weekly e-mails providing useful information on various subjects.
· Act as a conduit between the Indian Embassy and the community as and when required.
· Try to make people at home away from home.
Contact details of ICB office bearers (as on 12 March 2015) are given below:
www.indiandiaspora.nic.in: For information on Indian Diaspora:
http://www.pbdindia.org/: For information on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas:
www.indiadevelopment.org: Gives information for NRIs and PIOs interested in playing a role in development of India.
http://stio.nic.in/: Gives information on scientists and technologists of Indian Origin (STIOs) and provides the opportunity for web-enabled registration and networking with Indian academia, research laboratories, industry, entrepreneur and enterprises, with the overall objective of strengthening and enhancing India's S&T excellence and global competitiveness.
www.indianroots.nic.in: This website gives information to Persons of Indian Origin who desire to trace their ancestral places and next of kin in India.
Useful Links for NRIs/PIOs in China
Indian Companies in China
Indian Restaurants in China