It is advised that Indian nationals arriving in China should register themselves with the Indian Embassy. Just fill in the Registration Form and fax the same to the Consular Section of the Indian Embassy, Beijing at Fax No: 10 - 6532 4684. The downloadable form in PDF format can also be submitted to the Embassy in person or by post.
Indian Community in China
Shanghai - Shanghai India Business Association (SHIBA)
Beijing - Indian Community in Beijing (ICB)
• http://www.pbdindia.org/ : Information on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
• www.indiadevelopment.org: Gives information for NRIs and PIOs interested in playing a role in development of India.
• http://stio.nic.in/: Givesinformation on scientists and technologists of Indian Origin(STIOs) and provides the opportunity for web-enabled registration andnetworking with Indian academia, research laboratories, industry,entrepreneur and enterprises, with the overall objective ofstrengthening and enhancing India's S&T excellence and globalcompetitiveness.
• www.indianroots.nic.in:This website gives information to Persons of Indian Origin who desireto trace their ancestral places and next of kin in India.
Indian Community in Beijing (ICB)
The Indian Community in Beijing (ICB) came into existence on December12, 1999. It has a core committee, which meets on a monthly basis todecide on activities for the Indian community living in Beijing. Thebasic purpose is to:
• Provide a platformfor people of Indian origin to get together on a regular basis throughoutings and other means.
• Provide assistance in terms of advice or help to anyone visiting Beijing or coming here to work.
• Weekly e-mails providing useful information on various subjects
• Act as a conduit between the Indian Embassy and the community as and when required.
• Try to make people at home away from home.
For information on the Indian community in China, the following individuals may be contacted in Beijing and Tianjin -
Shri R.K. Singh
President of ICB
Shri Harpreet Singh Puri
Indian Companies in China
Indian Restaurants in China