For trade queries from Indian companies, the Embassy culls matching business contacts in China and sends a list of contacts, including phone, fax, and email details.
Credential check for Chinese companies
The Mission encourages trade queries and requests for credential check through e-mail. All queries could be sent to the following e-mail addresses:
For queries received from Chinese enterprises, the Embassy in addition to supplying a list from a constantly updated database of Indian Exporters and Importers sends all the queries received by it to the relevant Export and Import Councils and trading houses in India. Moreover trade queries received by the Mission are also sent to the India Consulate in Hong Kong, which publishes a fortnightly free e-newsletter called Business Opportunities in Hong Kong and Business Opportunities in India.
Establishment of Representative Offices in China
Where foreign enterprises need to establish permanent representative offices in China, they shall apply to competent authorities for approval and go through the formalities for registration. Without prior approval and registration, no foreign enterprises may establish permanent representative offices in China.
I. Applications of foreign enterprises for the establishment of representative offices in China shall be filed with the following competent authorities in accordance with the corresponding trades:
1. For enterprises of trade, commerce, manufacturing and cargo transportation agency, applications shall be filed with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of the People's Republic of China for approval;
2. For enterprises of banking, securities and insurance, applications shall be filed with the People’s Bank of China, the China Securities Regulatory Commission and China Insurance Regulatory Commission for approval respectively;
3. For enterprises of maritime transportation and maritime transportation agency, applications shall be filed with the Ministry of Communications of the People's Republic of China for approval;
4. For enterprises of air transportation, applications shall be filed with the Civil Aviation Administration of China for approval;
5. And, for enterprises of other trades, applications shall be filed with competent commissions, ministries and administrations of the Government of the People's Republic of China for approval, in accordance with the nature of their business.
II. In applying for the establishment of a representative office in China, the foreign enterprise concerned shall submit the following certificates and other materials:
1. An application signed by the president or managing director of the enterprise, which shall include the name of the representative office to be established, information on its top leaders, its scope of business, the duration of stay, its address, etc;
2. An official license to do business issued by competent authorities of the country or territory where the enterprise is based;
3. Certificates of the credibility rating of the enterprise issued by financial institutions which have regular business relations with the enterprise;
4. And, letters of authorization for the personnel with the representative office appointed by the enterprise and the resume of the personnel. For enterprises of banking and insurance applying for the establishment of representative offices in China, they shall also submit the annual statement of assets and liabilities, the annual statement of losses and gains, the charter of incorporation and the list of the members of the board of directors, in addition to the certificates and other materials required by preceding Items 1, 2, 3 and 4.
III. After the approval of the application of a foreign enterprise for the establishment of a representative office in China, the enterprise shall take the certificate of approval to contact the State Administration for Industry and Commerce of the People's Republic of China to go through the formalities for registration within 30 days counted from the date of approval. In going through the formalities for registration, it shall fill in a registration form and pay a registration fee before obtaining a registration certificate. Where a foreign enterprise fails to go through the formalities for registration by the deadline, it shall have to return the certificate of approval for revocation.
China hosts a number of important international trade fairs and exhibitions. These fairs provide good opportunities for Indian exporters and trade promotion organizations to showcase their strengths and find market for their products in China.
Based on an analysis of India's top exports and potential exports, the Embassy prepares an elaborate list of Fairs/Exhibitions in China every year. The list once compiled is sent to all the concerned Industrial Associations/Chambers of Commerce/Trading Houses in India.
The Mission could assist Indian exporters’ participation in exhibitions to be held in China. A request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for a specific product-wise exhibition/trade fair list.
Facilitation of Business Visits
www.tpbjc.gov.cn : Beijing Foreign Economic and Trade Commission(PRC)
www.ccpit.org : China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
www.cei.gov.cn : China Economic Information
www.china-embassy.org : China Embassy Washington
www.fmprc.gov.cn : Ministry of Foreign Affairs
www.mofcom.gov.cn : Ministry of Commerce (PRC)
www.mii.gov.cn : Minstry of Information Industry (PRC)
www.shstock.cn.net : Shanghai Stock Exchange
www.ccfa.org.cn : State Administration of Internal Trade-China Chain Store and Franchise Association
www.adb.org : Asian Development Bank (ADB)
www.wto.org : World Trade Organization (WTO)
www.stats-sh.gov.cn : Shanghai statistic information network
www.llrx.com : Searchable Intellectual Property Databases
www.chinabidding.com.cn : Official e-Media for Governmental and Public Sector Tendering Notices of the P.R.C.
www.ibdaily.com.cn : International Business Daily, a Ministry of Commerce sponsored paper. Chinese only.
www.china.org.cn/english: China Internet Information Centre. Domestic and world news site. Business, trade, culture, science, travel, society. Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Arabic and would you believe it, Esperanto.
www.chinawest.com.cn: Chinawest - A comprehensive website on Western China. News, policies and briefing on major projects. Chinese only.
www.look100.com/english : China's anti-counterfeiting website. News, products, laws and standards. English, Chinese.
www.8848.net ( www.8848.net ): Leading e-commerce site. News reports on all sectors. Chinese only.
www.acfic.org.cn : All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce. Chinese, English.
www.ccct.org.cn/english: China Textiles Chamber. China Chamber of Commerce for the Import and Export of Textiles. Chinese, English.
www.cccme.cn.net/eng: China Machinery and Electronics Chamber. China Chamber of Commerce for the Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products. Chinese, English.
www.cnaec.com.cn: China Engineering Consultants. News and information on firms and technologies from the China National Association of Engineering Consultants. Chinese only.
www.cccfna.org.cn: China Foodstuffs Chamber. China Chamber of Commerce for the Import and Export of Foodstuffs, Native Produce and Animal By-products. Chinese only.
Major Chinese associations of trade and industry
1. www.chinachamber.org.cn: All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce
2. www.camtf.com.cn : China Agricultural Machinery Distribution Association
3. www.chinaaccia.org.cn : China Computer Industry Association
4. www.ceea.org.cn : China Electronics Enterprises Association
5. www.cflp.org.cn : China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing
6. www.foundry-china.com : China Foundry Association
7. www.chinabaytteryonline.com : China Industrial Association of Power Sources
8. www.chinaisa.org.cn : China Iron and Steel Association
9. www.mei.gov.cn China Machinery Industry Federation
10. www.clii.com.cn/clii-en/xh/index.htm : China National Light Industry Associations
11. www.cnfti.org.cn : China National Textile Industry Council
12. www.cnma.org.cn : China Nonprescription Medicines Association
13. www.cpcia.org.cn : China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association
14. www.chinacraa.com : China Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Industry Association
15. www.cria.org.cn : China Rubber Industrial Association
16. www.csia.org.cn : China Software Industry Association
17. www.ctma.net : China Textile Machinery and Accessories Association:
Please note that the Embassy of India, Beijing is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the websites listed on this page. Listing shall not be taken as an endorsement of any kind, nor can we guarantee that the links will work at all times.